Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden

My daughter and I found ourselves without anything to do a few weeks ago, so, we decided to explore Des Moines.  Faith had been to the Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden this past summer with her summer camp group and had a lot of fun exploring.  I hadn't been there since my friend held her wedding there almost five years ago, so we went.
 

Faith loved showing me all the sculptures surrounding the building, this is the one people can see when driving by on the interstate.


There is a fun walkway that takes you all around the garden.  The waterfall was an unexpected surprise, Faith especially loved the fish swimming around it.



The botanical garden looks like a giant golf ball on the outside it's fairly noticable when you drive by.

They are starting big renovations on the garden, so I am glad we were able to see it before it changes. 
 
If you would like more information on the Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden please click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment