Thursday, February 16, 2012

Checking In

    It's been a little while since my last post,  I have not abandoned my blog, just busy! Classes started again, which has taken up a lot of my time. However, I am working on a project in between school, work, extra activities, being an active mother in both my kids' school stuff, church and whatever else is pulling me in a different direction!
    My daughter's sixth birthday is coming up and I have been working to plan her party. We are doing a theme from the new Lorax movie. You would think there would be all kinds of party supplies with the movie coming out in less then a month, but like me, you would be wrong. Thus, we are making everything! I am very lucky in that I am currently taking a journalism class that teaches us how to use the computer programs PhotoShop and InDesign, which have come in very handy while making this Lorax party from scratch! We aren't able to give our babies as much as we feel they deserve yet, but I am making it my mission to make sure they both have the most amazing memories while spending the least amount of money. On top of that I am also working on Faith's birthday present. She has been asking me over and over and over and over and over and over (you get the idea) for a dollhouse! I was really hoping to get her one for Christmas, but our funds wouldn't allow it. Well, it's a shame, but our funds still wont allow us to buy her a brand new dollhouse right off the shelves of Toys 'R' Us, so instead I came across this great website that showed me how to make one out of a bookshelf. I will post the site when I am able to get pictures up. I just finished putting tiles and wood panels into the little house, so not done yet. The furniture I am having troubles with, but I found some random sites that give me a tip or two on furniture. So, until then, stay on standby for the dollhouse!!!



P.S.~If anyone knows a website with great DIY dollhouse furniture, and I mean the kind you make from everyday items around the house, not actual furniture kits, remember, as little money as possible ;), please leave a comment with the site! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

1 comment:

  1. Try these daughter:
    http://www.the-art-of-dollhouse-miniatures.com/

    http://www.letsbuildadollhouse.com/lbdhbuild%20a%20sofa.htm

    http://joannswansondiyminiatures.blogspot.com/

    Stuff to buy for your doll hut: http://www.treefeathers.com/

    ReplyDelete