Friday, September 5, 2014

One Direction Concert

When you're younger you mentally make a list of all the things you want to do for your future children to make sure they have an awesome childhood.  When I was in sixth grade N*SYNC came to town and every girl, I mean EVERY girl, seemed to be going to see them.  Well, every girl except myself.  My mother couldn't afford tickets and I was embarrassed and lied to my friends and told them I was going, which ended up biting me in the butt because my friend ended up with an extra ticket, but didn't invite me because she thought I was already going.

This has haunted me ever since, I didn't go to my first concert until I was a senior in high school and Alicia Keys was at the Iowa State Fair.  Needless to say, my daughter's first concert was going to be epic, something she would never forget.  So, when I heard One Direction was going to be in Chicago I knew I had to take her.  On August 29 my little girl's dreams came true as we sat in a sold out stadium and watched Niall Horan, Harry Styles (my man), Louis Tomlinson, Liam Payne, and Zayn Malik shake their booties while serenading us under a glow of fireworks.  She loved it and before we left we made sure we bought just about everything in their swag store.

Ready to get this party started!

Gorgeous view while we waited.



The stadium was gorgeous, aside from having to look up and see 15 year-olds stripper dancing in the private boxes.  














Swoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment