Saturday, April 21, 2012

Make Your Own Bubbles

My family and I play outside a lot.  My kids are classic sprinkler, chalk and bubble kind of kids and we go through them a lot.  After my son dumped the entire jug of bubbles for the tenth time yesterday I decided we needed to come up with a new tactic as opposed to going out to buy more.  Right away I found a great recipe on Pinterest from Ashley Ann Photography.  You probably already have the ingredients somewhere in your home, here is how it went for us:

You will need


  • 1 1/2 Quarts (6 Cups) of Water
  • 1/2 Cup Light Corn Syrup
  • 1 Cup Liquid Dish Soap

It went very well and the kids are already using them.  To solve the issue of Charlie dumping the bubbles out we decided to use our drink dispenser we haven't used for a while.  The kids use old yogurt cups and bubble wands that we had collected last summer.  I am so excited to use this permanently! 


We are always looking for new ideas for outdoor play, let me know what you do for fun outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment