Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day of the Dead Pottery

    I absolutely love Day of the Dead skulls.  They are so colorful and the representation is beautiful.  If you don't know, the skulls are usually depicted with flowers and bright color, because people decorate the graves of loved ones with those things to attract the spirits.  The flowers represent happiness and the skull represents the loved ones who have passed on.
    Since Halloween is upon us, as is the Day of the Dead, I wanted to make something to represent both holidays.  I painted bright colors and flowers on each one and I really love how they turned out.  The only problem?  All the plants I have ever had usually ends up muertes.    Oh well, maybe I will pack them with candy!

Enjoy these pictures:






And a lil Charlie to brighten up this post even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment