Sunday, October 28, 2012

Paper Doll Costume

This year I wanted to make my costume and I was looking at princess costumes, sailor costumes and all kinds of cute costumes until I remembered.....I don't know how to sew.  So I decided I would still be something nautical, it just wouldn't be a complex creation.  Thus, the paper doll dress was created!
I Used:
  • 3 Poster boards
  • paint
  • Elastic band
  • Velcro


I first drew my outfit in pencil onto the poster board.  The tabs that stick out are seperate from the outfit, I taped them on at the end.  After cutting everything out I painted.  Wait to outline everything in black until the end.  The next thing is to wrap the elastic around your waist and your chest, just under your armpits, to measure.  Once you have the length of elastic you can either hot glue the front of the elastic to the back of the skirt and top, or you can staple it.  I think it just depends on the color of your outfit, you don't want the staples showing.  The last thing you need to do is cut the part of the elastic that will be on your backside right in the middle.  Glue or sew the velcro onto the elastic, this will make the costume really easy to put on and take off.  I didn't take it off at the church Halloween party we wore our costumes to, and it was awkward sitting down to dinner.

To make the bow I simple taped the bow to a thin, hard plastic head band.




She wanted to try it on!


No comments:

Post a Comment