Saturday, January 14, 2012

Lemon Sugar Scrub

I hosted a baby shower today and for game prizes I found these great instructions for Lemon Sugar Scrub at Under the Table Dreaming

The ingredients are simple:
  • Sugar
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Lemon Juice (if you don't want a lemon scent then a scented oil.)
You start by mixing 2 1/2 cups of sugar, 1 cup of the olive oil, and 4 Tbsp of the lemon juice, or the scented oil.  Mix them together until it becomes like a grainy paste.

 Pack it into jars, my picture shows the small jars, but this will be enough to make 12 oz of sugar scrub.  These are 8 oz jars, I just made a couple batches of it for the baby shower.  Whatever jars you use, just make sure the lid tightens tight, you do not want this stuff spilling.
The theme of the shower was jungle, so I put this fabric on the lemon scented scrubs, and I also did a lavender scented scrub, which had an animal print to it.  I have also seen people wrap a ribbon around the top, also adding a spoon for scooping.

No comments:

Post a Comment