Thursday, November 3, 2011

My first post, so exciting!

This is my first post, which is very cool.  I had planned to start a blog in May because I will be traveling to Egypt for a study abroad program I was accepted into.  However, after doing some research I thought it would be cool to do a blog now.  My life is stressful, to say the least, and it gets so bad that at some points I feel like I might go crazy.
    I am a sophmore at Drake University with a major in Journalism, which is something I never thought I would be able to say.  That enough is time consuming, but combining that with having to work and raise two amazing children is insane.  People tell me often that they don't know how I do it, they would never be able to deal with it all, etc.  Before I just took the compliment, but never really felt that way, as if I were being given praise for nothing.  Although, recently, I have changed my thinking on how difficult balancing my roles will be.  Things at school are starting to get a lot more intense.  I've been given so many more commitments, like attending lectures, Greek life meetings, student events, etc. to write news stories and interview people. 
  Anyway, you get the picture, I AM STRESSED!  The most important thing I have realized is how I deal with the stress.  I have discovered that my stress starts to melt away the moment I see my two kids, Faith who is five and Charlie who is one.  I hope this blog will be able to document important things we do, special projects we do as a family, and places we go.  I want them to look back and know that just because I had them young doesn't mean that they held me back from whatever goals and dreams I had before they got here.  Sure, the path will be totally different from what I had in mind when I was in high school, but I will accomplish my goals because they are here.  They have become my biggest motivators in life, and thank God everyday for the plan he had for me.  I may not have understood it at first, but everyday it becomes clearer.

In a final note I want to mention my totally amazing husband, Dario, and how without him nothing I am doing right now would be possible.  He is so supportive and helpful, and I wouldn't be passing all my classes without him with me.  He is an incredible father to our little ones and I love him so much and can't thank him enough for how hard he works for our family.

P.S. If my writing starts to not make sense in this first post, it's because I pulled an all nighter last night to study for my sociology exam today, so I have been awake for 36 straight hours now.  Lots of pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment