Thursday, January 16, 2014

Disney World- Hollywood Studios!!!

I wasn't sure what to expect when going into Hollywood Studios.  I didn't want to do too much research, because I really wanted to be surprised by everything.  I'm so glad I did, because Hollywood Studios warmed my heart.  The theme is old Hollywood and I loved it so much, because I am a big old Hollywood person.  My husband tells me all the time I was born in the wrong time period.  It was so cool to feel a little bit like I was in the 50's.  The tall, skinny palm trees, the old fashioned stores, I loved it.  The kids even had fun in the Walt Disney museum.  They loved seeing where it all started.

Something I wish I had known, keep an eye out for the character visit times.  This was the last park we went to and at all the other parks the characters were out greeting until 9 pm.  That's not the case here, many of the characters at Hollywood Studios are done at 6.  Something we didn't know until we were looking for Mike and Sully at 7 pm.  Luckily, it was the Monster summer, so they came out at night and did a cool show, so the kids got the opportunity to see them.  Few, because this is what Charlie was talking about, Mike and Sully, Mike and Sully, for the months leading up to DW, Mike and Sully!








Daddy and Faith went on the Hollywood Tower of Terror.  We didn't get the ride picture, but all you see is my husband hugging something in the corner, and these two, giant eyeballs popping over his shoulder in terror.  She still doesn't like talking about it.





This is so cool!  Last summer they were doing a big Monsters University theme, we went just in time!





The kids had never heard of Honey I Shrunk the Kids, which changed as soon as we got back home.  Prior to that they didn't understand why this play area made me so excited!


I was excited for the kids to see Pixar Studios.  Charlie's top five favorite movies are all Pixar's, so I knew this would be a lot of fun for him, and I was right!





It says redeemable from 6-7 pm, just a note, I got them at noon.  By 4pm all of the FastPasses were gone, what does this tell you? Get the FastPass ASAP!!!


 We went to the 'One Man's Dream' museum, which was on my 'have to' list, because I enjoy learning about how it all started.





Charlie thought it was a play area for bugs.










 After a lot of excitement, it was really nice to just explore the names on the sidewalk, get a bite to eat, pace ourselves.
After some exploration we watched the Monsters University concert!  It was pretty cool, a really nice surprise.  The lead singer came down, interacted with the kids, danced with them.  We loved it.






No comments:

Post a Comment